So you’ve written a picture book about friendship. Or maybe a middle grade novel that highlights a non-traditional family. You’ve added your books to your website but nobody is visiting to check them out. Perhaps you need a SEO strategy. SEO stands for search engine optimization. It involves techniques you can use to help your website rank higher in internet searches. This way, when a reader types “children’s books about non traditional families” into Google or Yahoo, yours pops up. Below you will find a list of resources full of tips to help you improve your search engine ranking. With that said, as a new children’s author, having a strong Amazon and Indiebound strategy will likely improve your discoverability more than SEO. So unless you’re technically inclined, make sure you cover the basics then move on to marketing topics you may be more comfortable with.
- What is Search Engine Optimization/SEO – Youtube Video: 3 min – excellent for understanding how SEO works
- SEO For Beginners: 3 Powerful SEO Tips To Rank #1 on Google – YouTube Video: 9 min – super helpful, to the point tips
- SEO Fitness Workbook: The Seven Steps To Search Engine Optimization – Learn SEO in plain English, step-by-step. Book 350 pages
- SEO 101: A Guide For The Technically Challenged – Article: More in-depth SEO info that broaches the technical side of SEO. It’s definitely worth a read but don’t stress yourself out over it.
- How To Choose The Perfect Focus Keywords – Article: Dive deeper into understanding keywords to help your website rank higher on Google and Yahoo.